A Letter to Fellow Humans Through Uncertain Times, Coronavirus/COVID-19, and the Stay-In-Place Order
Thank you for checking in. Here’s what’s going on for us:
- Our lease has ended, and we have opted to wait to find a new space until we (1) have ways to feel safe enough to mitigate risk and (2) have enough potential business to support the costs of reopening.
- Some of the team is offering Zoom check-ins, click their image to see what’s available for each person.
- I (Sam) am offering limited outdoor sessions, park listening sessions, and comfort through contact-free home cooked meals and snacks delivered to your door (through Patreon).
- I (still Sam) am also hosting a variety of virtual events like a weekly Jackbox game night, hobby hour, and more through my Patreon. This is now my main source of income, and if you can spare $1 or more per month I would greatly appreciate your ongoing support. I also use that space to share my personal life and updates on my Patreon blog.
- We will be back. The pandemic has reinforced how important this work is for me, and many of teammates
Our lease runs out at the end of June, and we will be switching to offering outbound sessions and park hugs through the Summer instead of moving directly to a new space. Visit the website periodically for updates.
We have accepted an SBA loan to help ensure we will be able to reopen in a new space once we are certain we will be able to cover our expenses.
There will be new restrictions for all in-person activities, so be on the lookout for new information as you plan your visits with us. My personal restrictions for in-person sessions includes the following:
- Both of us must wear a mask or face covering over our nose and mouth during the entire visit.
- Only cuddle poses where we are not facing each other will be allowed (big/little spoon, lazy spoon, back scratcher, or pyramid are examples)
- While we are within six feet of each other no talking is allowed, this includes session time, so consent will happen non-verbally and be planned in advance.
- Only sessions of up to 30 minutes will be allowed per client per day.
- Payment is now required when you book your appointment in order to minimize surface contact, and check-in’s will be done verbally only on site.
- Both of us will need to wash our hands for 20 seconds prior to starting the session.
- The state is requiring clients wait outside (in your car is fine) for appointments until we call you in. I will text you when I’m ready to bring you in with the goal of meeting you at the scheduled time. We are also no longer allowed to offer water, snacks, or reading material so our cuddle pose cards will be put away. You are encouraged to bring your own beverage and snacks as needed.
Each staff member has been asked to share their own restrictions as the only new building requirement outside of state requirements is that none of us will accept appointments for anyone who has traveled via airplane in the last 14 days. We apologize for any inconveniences these new rules cause. This plan is not meant to be permanent, but will be in place until further notice. Please use the contact form or email email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
In the meantime here are some ways to connect with us:
- We have created a new Discord server for all of our Patreon subscribers. It costs $1 per month to join, and you can cancel at any time. Samantha and others in the group will be posting here regularly to check in and see how everyone is doing, provide distractions, and add some humor to our stressful lives. We welcome you to be part of the conversations. Click here to sign up.
- Many of our staff are happy to continue working with you via telephone (Cora, Lake, and Sam), Zoom (Cora and Sam), or Marco Polo check-ins (Sam).
- The same rules apply to our new alternative sessions as when you visit in person. We will start each conversation with checking in around boundaries to ensure discussions feel as safe as possible.
- We have updated the site so when you select a cuddler it will now reflect phone or Zoom options for each person who offers them currently. Book like you normally would for phone or Zoom. Click here for Marco Polo or text check-ins.
- Sam made a virtual eye gazing video to help create connection while social distancing. Please watch, share, and rewatch as needed.
Click here to watch the Eye Gazing Video
If you are able to continue or start contributing to our service we would be very grateful to have you book an appointment, purchase a gift certificate or self care kit, give a few dollars to help sponsor sessions for those whose income may be impacted, or support me on Patreon to join the conversation for $1 or more per month.
We are grateful to help support you through this time, and we look forward to brighter days ahead. Please contact me below with any comments/questions/concerns anytime.
Peace, Love, and Cuddles,
(if you text please tell me who you are)